Hello Canadian Mini Indy and HRKC Members
We at the Canadian Mini Indy hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather this past Victoria Day Long Weekend. For most of us this was our first Summer long weekend off in well over 20 years and it was odd to not be trackside!
Thursday afternoon the Provincial government announcement provided us with that much anticipated “light at the end of the tunnel”. Although it is coming to us much later than we all originally had anticipated, we are so excited to soon welcome everyone back and run another successful racing season.
As many of you are aware, our schedules are flexible and can be worked to ensure a complete enjoyable racing season. With that said, it takes time too co ordinate our schedule changes with the changes being made to the National and Regional schedules.
At this time we would ask all our members HRKC, Prime Powerteam and the Canadian Mini Indy to be patient with us this week while we co ordinate and finalize our new schedules for the 2021 Racing Season.
The week of May 31st we hope to send out our newly revised schedules. In the meantime please let us clarify what we do know for the coming re opening;
Speedways / Race tracks can open in Stage 1 – Stage 1 will begin on June 14th or 15th ( DATE TO BE CLARIFIED BY ONTARIO GOVERNMENT IN WEEKS TO COME)
AT THIS TIME WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO OPEN. This is the guideline set out by the Ontario Government for all Speedways / Racetracks.
What will Stage one mean for us?
– No Spectators no exceptions, Adults accompanying minors are permitted.
– we will have capacity limits on events – ( to be determined by City by law)
– Once we open we will resume the Open Houses for the Canadian Mini Indy members
– HRKC / Own kart members will have the ability to book Open Practice using Acuity – our online booking system. A link will be sent out once the practice schedule is determined. This practice schedule will be sent out once we have confirmation on our opening date.
– All of our 2 Day Race Experience Events will remain as planned – there will be no schedule changes and they will run as planned. Parents and guardians will be permitted with participant.
At this time these are the updates we can assure you of, please allow this email to answer all the many emails you have sent to either Danielle or Trevor regarding re opening and schedules. We will spend this week, putting the schedules together and co ordinating with both the regional and National Karting bodies. We anticipate we will be sending you updated schedules the week of May 31st.
Once again thank you so much for your patience and your ongoing enthusiasm for the coming season.
Danielle and Trevor